Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Auto Repair Nightmare


I don't know if anyone else out there drives an old crappy car, but I do. A 1994 Toyota Camry Station Wagon to be exact. Now I bought this car knowing it was a crap-shoot. So far I have made out better than I thought I would. Recently I have had two bouts of repairs that had to be done. Now I consider myself at least semi-mechanically inclined, but my knowledge about cars is limited. I know the basics and can normally understand most things if they are explained about my car. Whenever I go into the repair shop, I feel like one of those bad dreams I used to have. You know the one, like you registered for a class in college and forgot to drop it, and now you have to go take the final. You walk in and start to sweat, feeling like everyone knows you don't belong there. That's how I feel in the garage. I will just go ahead and admit it, I don't know that much about auto repair. I always feel like the mechanic is onto me. Like he and his buddies got together and are trying to see how far they can push it. I feel like Clark Griswold when he asks the mechanic how much his repairs will be and the mechanic replies how much you got while swinging his wrench. So far, I haven't been able to find a site called www. punkdbymechanics.com , but I am sure there is one out there. Can't someone create a website that tells you if you are getting rooked on your repairs or not. I need this. If anyone who reads this(which I think is no one) has auto knowledge, then I need you to be my phone-a-friend lifeline. Every time my car makes a funny noise my palms start to sweat. I can't go on living like this.

3 comments:

  1. I created a website just for people like you! www.myautorepairadvice.com

    You can read my advice, find out what your repairs should cost, and even ask questions. I hope you like it!

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog! hehe, I'm right there with you. I have severe anxiety every time my car makes a funny noise. I'm SURE to be jerked around, you know, being that I'm a GIRL and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you want to do the repairs yourself? It’s bold but if you don’t know how to do it, I guess, it’s best that you ask the advice of mechanics first before doing anything on your car. You can also search the web for DIY repairs. Anyway, I hope you’d be able to fix your car. Good luck!

    -Michelina Douglass

    ReplyDelete